Thank you for your interest in becoming an inspirED GO Center Mentor. In order to be considered for this position, please complete the form below.
inspirED is recruiting GO Center Mentors to assist in increasing college awareness and preparation among students in partner school districts and within the community at large through our GO Center program. GO Centers are college and career centers located in high schools and community sites to improve access to higher education. As a part of the job responsibilities, Mentors will take part in activities at participating GO Centers by discussing issues such as:
(a) the importance of higher education,
(b) college / trade school selection & admissions processes,
(c) financial aid eligibility,
(d) coping with demands and challenges in high school,
(e) college life and academic expectations and
(f) academic tutoring, among other areas.
Expertise in these areas is not required as on-going training will be provided. Mentors will be assigned to 1 or 2 GO Centers. Areas served primarily include Arlington and Mansfield, however, work within Fort Worth and Grand Prairie is possible; therefore, owning reliable transportation is absolutely critical. Center hours range between 8 am – 6:30 pm. Occasional work may occur in the evening or on Saturdays at different locations. Criminal background checks will be conducted for this position. Additional duties may be required as assigned.
– Commitment of up to 15 hours per week
– Must own reliable transportation
– Must be familiar with the American higher education system, admission and financial aid processes
– Be enrolled at least half-time per university policy
– Must be work-study eligible
– First generation college students
– Bilingual (English/Spanish)
– Students with a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) background will be given preference