Kathryn Bryan Memorial Scholarship
inspirED and the Higher Education Servicing Corporation are proud to announce the Kathryn Bryan Memorial Scholarships. This scholarship program has been established to honor the memory of Kathryn McClanahan Bryan. Born in Ada, Oklahoma, she grew up in Paris, Texas, where she later graduated from Paris High School. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree, Master of Education degree, and Master of Business Administration degree from Texas A&M University in Commerce, Texas. She worked at and was soon promoted to Executive Director at Higher Education Servicing Corporation and North Texas Higher Education Authority, Inc. in Arlington, Texas, a position she held until her retirement in 2015. For more than 30 years, she helped make dreams come true for countless students and families by providing access to low-cost funds to help pay for college. In her tenure, she formed HESC’s Outreach Division, which is now known as inspirED, to provide free college preparation presentations, FAFSA workshops, and other college and career focused services at high schools and community groups throughout North Texas. Continuing Kathryn’s legacy, inspirED has now expanded its efforts to provide high school-based college and career centers (known as GO Centers) to 21 area high schools.
inspirED will award 40 scholarships to graduating seniors in the class of 2024 in the amount of $1,500 for students attending two-year colleges or trade schools and $2,500 for students attending four-year colleges or universities.
- High school senior graduating from a school served by inspirED.
- Must have visited the inspirED mentor in the GO Center at least once during the senior year.
- Must apply scholarship to a two-year college or trade school or four-year college or university during the fall semester immediately after high school graduation and enroll as a full-time student.
NOTE: Children of inspirED/HESC staff members or board members are not eligible.
Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2024 by 11:59 p.m.
No paper applications will be accepted. All applications and supporting documents shall be submitted through the electronic portal or emailed to email@example.com. Late applications and/or late submission of supporting documentation will not be considered and your application will be deemed incomplete.
- Complete online application
- Unofficial copy of high school academic transcript(s)
- Academic letter of recommendation
- Community letter of recommendation
- Personal essay
Method of Selection:
- Applications will be scored using a rubric.
- Finalists will be interviewed.